Content

When religion makes you stupid...

Monday, May 23, 2011
It is safe to say that the "Macho Man" Randy Savage saved us from the Rapture, because that is just as absurd as saying it was going to happen in the first place.


Here was some of the things said about this failed event...

"I had some skepticism but I was trying to push the skepticism away because I believe in God."

"I was hoping for it because I think heaven would be a lot better than this earth."

"I can't tell you what I feel right now...Obviously, I haven't understood it correctly because we're still here."

"What better place to observe the rapture than in a bar with a drink in your hand?"

Lastly, I am curious to know how much money Harold Camping made, the owner of Family Radio and architecture of this event. Family Radio spent millions on more than 5,000 billboards and 20 RVs that were plastered with the doomsday message. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities.

If you was unaware of the reach of this "social event", there were apocalypse-themed billboards in Israel, Jordan and Lebanon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive


My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio