Content

Kate Winslet Covers Parade Magazine

Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Kate Winslet discusses the death of her first love to cancer, how she finds normalcy in her public life and the advice she wants to give her children in the latest issue of Parade. Her next film, Revolutionary Road, opens in December and is directed by her husband Sam Mendes.

During the interview, the 33-year-old British actress smokes a cigarette she rolled herself. Snippets below:

On seeing onscreen how she and former Titanic co-star Leo DiCaprio have aged: “I’m like, ‘Yes, damn it! Look at those foreheads move!’ I mean, he has this amazing furrow here (points to a spot between her eyebrows) which wasn’t as prominent then, and this (points to the wrinkles on her own forehead) is much more prominent in me now. I just love seeing those things. I am enjoying my face changing, as well as realizing that at the same time, as you get older, the machine isn’t as well-oiled as it was.”

How did that dynamic play out when working with Leo? Sam would try to surprise me or surprise Leo when we were doing scenes together, and because Leo and I do have sort of an almost telepathic connection, because we’ve known each other for such a long time and have remained friends consistently over all of these years, I know how Leo thinks, I know how he works, as he does with me. Sometimes, in order to just twist the scene around, Sam would quietly say to Leo, ‘Just surprise her; try this thing.’ Or he would come to me and say, ‘Try this — don’t tell him you’re going to do it.’ So he would have to do that, so that Leo and I were able to keep it fresh and alive.

Read the full cover feature and check out the full gallery at Parade.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive


My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio