Content

Christina Milian: Def Jam Dropped Me Because Of Rihanna

Thursday, December 18, 2008
Christina Milian is back on her first magazine cover since parting ways with Island Def Jam in 2006.

The 27-year-old singer breaks her silence to Rap-Up on the emotional past two years, her reaction to ex-boyfriend Nick Cannon’s marriage to Mariah Carey, and her brand new album on MySpace Records.

On how she reacted after being dropped from her label: “It was embarrassing. It was a week after my album [So Amazin’] got put out. I would be in my room a lot of the time crying by myself.”

On the reason why she was dropped: “It was a budget cut, I believe. [Def Jam] probably got rid of projects like mine to spend the money on [Rihanna].”

On who inspired her to get back into music: “I bumped into Janet Jackson at a club. We talked for an hour and I was telling her I don’t know if I’m gonna do this, and she was like, ‘Girl, do not let them stop you. I’m a fan and you make good music.’ She’s a person I actually looked up to growing up, so her telling me that really was the day I was like, ‘I’m not gonna let these people
hold me down. It’s time.’”

On learning about ex-boyfriend Nick Cannon’s marriage to Mariah Carey: “I was surprised like everyone else. I was like, ‘Really?’ It just seemed like a weird match, but I was happy for him. I always feel Nick works hard to get what he wants, whether that be women—that’s how he got me.”

Rap-Up.com has a preview the Winter 08/09 issue, which is on sale everywhere December 23nd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive


My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio